Friday, July 29, 2011

Gearing up for the new school year!

As the new school year quickly approaches, I am filled with excitement and new ideas. I will start setting my new room up next week and I have thought of so many new ideas. Each classroom in my school must have a theme, and I have decided on a gum ball theme. My door will say Wel-GUM to Pre-K and as I was sitting here brainstorming other ways to incorporate gum balls I started thinking about a variation for the scoreboard. I am going to make a gum ball machine out of paper and we will set a goal of how many gum balls we want to receive by the end of the day. When the class gets a smiley I will add a gum ball and when they receive a frowny I will remove a gum ball. I absolutely love the beginning of the year and thinking of new ideas to use in my classroom. I can not wait to get back in town to go and start working (it doesn't really seem like work when I am having so much fun)!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!

    Many teachers at my school use Daily 5. It is a good/easy way to manage reading centers.

    Allison

    awholebrainteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete