Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ready or Not.......

Well, my room is ready, I have met my students, and ready or not the first day is tomorrow!  I am so excited and I can not wait to see how these pre-k babies soar with the WBT techniques I have learned over the past two years.  At my school each of the grades are thematic and my team decided on Fairy Tales. At first I was disappointed that I was not going to use my gumball idea, but I did get to use it on a bulletin board in the cafeteria.  After lots of brainstorming I realized how many ways fairy tales could enhance my room and I decided to incorporate Jack and the Beanstalk.  I created a growing beanstalk next to my word wall.  As my students make their way through the levels of super speed letters and phonics they will have a paper jack (or jill if they are a girl) to move up the bean stalk.  I also created an area in my room titled A Crowned Moment...this will be for the student of the week at the beginning of the year and then I will utilize to recognize student leaders.  I am in the process of making a Rapunzel tower with a ladder on the front for my sentence ladder, and I know as I continue to brainstorm more fairy tale ideas will come.  Sorry about the flash on the pics:(








2 comments:

  1. Your room is looking GREAT! I love the "crowned moment" idea. Good luck tomorrow!

    Allison
    awholebrainteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad my posters came in handy! they look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete